Expressive Arts Therapist
Lisa Headings is a lifelong explorer of creativity and former educator turned Expressive Arts Therapist and Professional Counselor Associate. Lisa uses a trauma-sensitive and client-centered approach to meet her clients where they are at emotionally and mentally. She supports her patients as they redefine what is possible for their lives. Over the years, she has had extensive experience supporting people who are working through life transitions, anxiety, depression, and self-esteem issues regain the confidence they need to create more joy and add color back into their world. As an expressive arts therapist, Lisa incorporates multiple modalities of creativity into sessions, giving her clients the opportunity to to express themselves and their needs through sound, movement, visual image-making, writing, or any multitude of combinations that they may wish to explore.
During her free-time, Lisa is a big fan of enjoying neighborhood gardens and happening upon hidden-in-plain-site artwork, both large and tiny. She enjoys random midday dance breaks, knitting, sewing, intuitive art-making, and cuddling with her loveable orange tabby, named Fozzie.
Lisa currently offers both in-person and telehealth appointments for Oregon Health Plan patients and looks forward to connecting with you to discuss whether Expressive Arts Therapy might be right for you.
In particular Lisa enjoys supporting patients experiencing:
- Anxiety and stress
- Life transitions
- Loneliness, isolation
- Self-esteem issues
Lisa may incorporate various media and modalities into a session:
- Visual image making
- Sound & music
Certifications and Advanced Trainings:
- Professional Counselor Associate, Oregon Board of Licensed Counselors and Therapists
- Expressive Arts Level 1 and Level 2 Trainings, Expressive Arts Florida Institute, Sarasota, Florida
- Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Additional Expressive Arts Trainings
- Trauma-Informed Expressive Arts Therapy, Level 1 Live Webinar Series
- Attachment Expressive Arts Therapy Approaches, Live Webinar Series