Independent Contractor Position with Be Well Acupuncture & Holistic Health
Working at Be Well Holistic Health has been one of the best experiences I could ask for as a practitioner. Dessa provides a nurturing environment for both patients and practitioners. She is incredibly generous in sharing resources and her experience to help me grow as a practitioner. BWHH is a space where I've felt fully supported to focus on being in practice, treating patients, and doing what I love while the clinic has a small team that handles much of the administrative work, insurance billing, marketing, etc. I feel honored to be a part of the integrative community we have within BWHH. Whether you're just starting out or are a seasoned practitioner, there's so much to be gained here!
MBBS, MSOM, LAc
Excellent opportunity for LAc, DC, DO, or ND with Be Well Acupuncture and Holistic Health. We are experiencing a growth cycle, and looking to expand and customize services for sensitive patients. If you are interested in growing and treating more people with the medicine you love contact us to learn more about contracting and this opportunity to grow and work from your own home or office.
- Work remotely: telehealth, home office, your own office in person (or our office)
- Set your own hours
- We send you clients that are a good fit
- We provide the EHR, insurance billing, scheduling, and marketing
- Be a part of a team of integrative medicine providers making healing happen for sensitive clients
The mission of Be Well Acupuncture & Holistic Health is to make gentle alternative medicine available to all, especially underserved populations; providing medicine that respects the whole person and deeply restores.
The clinic is located in NE Portland’s beautiful Laurelhurst neighborhood, on private grounds with a secluded garden and incredible natural light. This is an opportunity to run two rooms, two days per week, in our office, or work from home or your office when you want.
Be Well Holistic Health currently has a team of three acupuncturists, a massage therapist, and a mental health counselor. We have established cross-referral networks and see a significant number of motor-vehicle accident patients. We’re looking for providers committed to gentle medicine who have experience treating sensitive clients.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a tender approach and a philosophy of integrative care
- Has experience and enjoys working with sensitive clients and nervous-system-related conditions, including, but not limited to: generational trauma, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, post-concussive syndrome, autoimmune conditions
- Has an established patient clientele or is willing to do a reasonable amount of marketing to bring new clients to BWAHH
- Seeks a community to practice in with an integrative-medicine team for cross-referrals
- Practices gentle manipulation and hands-on therapy with most clients
- Expects to practice in Portland for the long-term
- Accepts most insurance (including OHP) or is willing to be credentialed via Be Well Acupuncture & Holistic Health
- Maintains private practice or hospital staff position elsewhere concurrently
- Active license in good standing with the Oregon Medical Board
- Malpractice insurance
What Be Well Acupuncture & Holistic Health brings:
- Front desk staff (currently working remotely)
- Professional billing service
- Beautiful feng shui office location with garden, easy access from I-84, and ample free parking
- Good-natured and friendly team of providers committed to making a difference and bringing deep healing to our clients and community
- Access to nonprofit projects and resources via BWAHH’s nonprofit branch, TeamWorks International
- In-house marketing and lead-generation staff
- Professional website (www.bewellandheal.com)
- Charm Electronic Health Records and Acuity Scheduling
- Clear COVID protocols
- One or two treatment rooms available two to three full days per week (half days available)
What makes us special:
- We are one of only a few clinics providing acupuncture in-network with most coordinated care organizations of the Oregon Health Plan. We are committed to making natural medicine accessible to diverse populations.
- TeamWorks International, our non-profit branch, makes medicine accessible via scholarships for care. Let us know if you are inspired to lead a project.
- We have 11 years of committed service.
- Our network of experienced providers both in-house and in the community allows for confident cross-referrals.
- We are committed to self care and good work-life balance.
- All our providers work within these core principles of treatment:
- The body has the capacity to heal itself.
- Listening is key (for the practitioner).
- Sometimes less is more; the body responds to gentle, specific, and appropriate care.
- In order to heal the nervous system, the client must feel safe.
- Look at what is working and support the natural healing process.
- Treat the root of the symptom to facilitate healing, not just pain management.
- This is a very competitive independent-contractor position. The clinic can easily fill your schedule one day per week, and there is room to grow.
- Graduated fee schedule depends on experience and patient volume, with opportunity for bonuses. No benefits.