Professional Counselor Associate
Celia Heffernan (she/her) is a Professional Counselor Associate. She is honored to support individuals in discovering a sense of safety and ease within their bodies and their interpersonal relationships as they navigate life with increased agency, authenticity, and fulfillment. Celia works with people experiencing depression, anxiety, PTSD and complex trauma, and has a particular interest in supporting individuals who are new to parenthood or beginning romantic relationships.
Celia’s approach is trauma-informed, attachment-oriented, and with a focus on the strengths of the individual as the foundation of healing. Sometimes the techniques we develop that have once kept us safe and afloat in the face of challenges may later get in our way. Celia collaborates with clients to identify and shift unhelpful or harmful patters and cultivate new ways of responding with greater compassion for themselves and others. She integrates somatic psychotherapy techniques, Ego States, and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy in her work, to assist in harnessing the client’s innate ability to heal from past trauma and restore balance.
In her free time, Celia likes getting outside to run, hike, or backpack. She also loves helping out in community gardens, whether local or abroad, with a passion to support greater access to quality food.
Certifications and Advanced Trainings:
- Professional Counselor Associate, Oregon Board of Licensed Counselors and Therapists
- Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Lesley University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- EMDR trained, currently working towards EMDR certification, Rebecca Kase & Co., LLC. Training and Consultation
- Advanced Training in EMDR and Ego States
- Advanced Training in EMDR for Grief and Loss
- Certified Integrative Nutrition Coach, Institute for Integrative Nutrition, NYC